What you should know about shopping for motorcycle
insurance including how to find the lowest quotes. How insurance
companies rate motorcycle insurance and more.
- How do insurance companies rate motorcycle insurance?
- Do I have to have a motorcycle license to get
- Why is full coverage so much more than liability
insurance on my bike?
- Are there benefits in using an agency to quote my
- How can I find the lowest rate insurance quotes?
1. How do insurance companies rate motorcycle insurance?
Insurance companies rate bikers insurance much like auto insurance with
a few differences. Here's a list of the main rating factors used to
determine your rates....
- Zip code - Areas with a greater history of losses
- Date of birth - Wisdom and safety come with age
- Driving experience - More experience equals lower
- Marital Status - Married riders enjoy a little lower
- Violation history - More violations, more premium
- Coverages requested - Better coverages, higher
- Motorcycle Value - Only when purchasing full coverage
- CC Size - Size matters, bigger engines pay more
- Cycle endorsement date - the date you got a
- Discounts & other rating factors - ask your
company for details
2. Do I have to have a motorcycle license to purchase
insurance? You don't have to obtain a motorcycle license to purchase
riders insurance, however, having a motorcycle license does have a
bearing on your rates. Having a class M license shows the insurance
company that you are an experienced rider and less likely to be
involved in an accident. The longer you've had your motorcycle license,
the lower the rates. There are many companies available for you to
purchase motorcycle insurance from even if you don't have a license but
be prepared to pay a higher rate than those with a license.
3. Why is full coverage so much more than liability
insurance on my bike? The reason why full coverage insurance on a
motorcycle is so much higher than liability is simply because of the
risk involved. Remember, liability insurance covers others, what you're
liable for, and not your bike itself and full coverage covers your bike
as well as liability. If you hit someone with your motorcycle, your
insurance company has to pay for damages you caused to others and their
property. How much damage can you really cause with a motorcycle?
That's why liability motorcycle insurance is usually so inexpensive.
The damage you can cause with your bike reflects the rates you pay on
liability. Now, it's a whole another story when it comes to full
coverage. Almost any kind of accident will cause extensive damage to
your bike that would have to be paid for resulting in much higher
rates. Get quotes on both and compare your options before making a
4. Are there benefits in using an agency to quote my
motorcycle insurance? There are great benefits in using an agency.
Agencies usually work with multiple carriers that have different
guidelines, prefer different kinds of risks, offer different discounts
and more. Agencies can enter your information in a comparative rater
and instantly see the rates of all the companies they have to offer
you. Agencies will usually do all they can, including but not limited
to, offering all discounts available to help you find low cost
5. How can I find the lowest motorcycle quotes? When
shopping for any kind of insurance quotes, you want to do your best in
providing the most accurate information. The reason why you want to do
this is because a company quoting you the lowest rates with let's say
no tickets will not usually be the cheapest if you happen to have a
ticket. Every company has their way of rating so when you are
comparison shopping for your motorcycle insurance, provide accurate
information, especially with past tickets to ensure you're comparing
accurate rates. Also, take the time to quote from at least 3 different
companies to understand the range of prices you should be paying.
Lastly, make sure to get a quote from at least 1 agency as an agency
instantly quotes multiple companies so 1 call gets you the lowest of
many quotes. Insurance agents can usually also offer discounts and
advise to find you the Lowest
Motorcycle Insurance Quotes.
OnGuard Insurance is a California based insurance agency
that offers low cost motorcycle insurance and motorcycle insurance
quotes through multiple name brand carriers. Call (888) 99-QUOTE or get
free, online motorcycle
insurance quotes in less than 3 minutes.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=A_Sefiani